There are a few requirements that QuickBooks imposes to any 3rd party application trying to access the company file. If the sync has worked in the past and stops working, you should verify that the following requirements are met:
- The computer or server hosting QuickBooks is on.
- You have accepted the Application Certificate in QuickBooks that allows Knowify to access the company file, and you have given Knowify full access, even when QuickBooks is not running.
- The company file you granted access to is open or, alternatively, QuickBooks is closed. Knowify can access only 1 company file, so if you switch files or create backups and open the backup files, Knowify won't be able to access the file.
- Both QuickBooks Desktop and the Sync Manager are running as regular Windows user (no Windows Admin user).
- There are no dialog boxes or popups open in QuickBooks. If there are, QuickBooks will prevent any third-party application from creating any new transactions. You'll have to close these dialog boxes / popups so that the Sync Manager can access QuickBooks.